The development of all this amazing technology has really opened up opportunities to help our travel plans. There are an abundance of choices when it comes to travel apps and here are 6 to get you started. I’ve not named specific apps (except for 1 at the end) because updates, name changes and new players happen all the time. So, depending on when you read this, search for the best app in these areas:
1) Map App
You will want to have an app that helps you get around. Looking at an online map will use up your data in no time at all. Find an app that serves these 3 needs:
- Search Function – you want to be able to put in addresses and look for directions both by car and on foot. Be sure that it’s detailed to make navigating a new area nice and easy!
- No data/wifi needed – you want the app to have the maps downloaded on your device so you aren’t using up your data.
- Readable – test it to be sure you can read and understand the maps.
- Subway App – as an aside from street maps, if you are going to be in a city where subways and trains are a major source of transportation get the App that will support that and make getting around even easier.
2) Dictionary & Photo Translator Apps
There are dictionary Apps that use voice & text and there are apps where you can take a photo of a sign and have it translated. Awesome, right? So, when you’re sitting with a menu that’s all in French or driving in Mexico you will have something to help you translate what you are about to eat or drive towards!
3) Currency Converter App
Find one that doesn’t use data. Of course, you can use your calculator but a currency app is nice especially if you are traveling to more than one country.
4) Wi-fi Finder
This will use data, but this is useful if you know you need a free wi-fi spot because you need the internet for a longer period of time.
5) Restaurant Finder App
I like to ask local people who work in the hotels or shops I visit but if there is a language barrier – an app is a great back up! If you are looking for the best Italian, the greatest local, the fun pub fare, or family restaurant in an area an app is a nice way to narrow things down.
6) Simple Declare, Customs App www.simplydeclare.com
This highly acclaimed app is the only app for tracking declarable duty-free travel purchases. You can take the guess work out of wondering how much you bought vs how much you can take home! Track your allowable totals & receipts with this handy app.
There you have it – a few suggestions on great travel apps and 1 great mention for your consideration.
Don’t forget that I’m here to help too! Once your trip is booked we can add all kinds of details that will leave some guesswork out of your travel plans. Give me a call at 519-541-9431 to get those travel plans in place or send me an email to email@example.com with the details and we’ll make it happen!